Saturday, September 17, 2011

The land of Spitfire

I studied aeronautical engineering at college. The aircraft that fascinated me the most was a Second World War plane: spitfire. The land of spitfire is England. It was one among the many reasons for me to travel to the country, not to mention that my husband lives there. I went to the high commission's office to apply for a VISA. There he was, he whom I fear the most. Those sorts of men are my worst fear when I thought of living in England. Yes. You guessed right. The husband of the nurse. This sort of people lives the life of a slave who pretend to be the husband in front of others. Anyway, the man wanted a VISA to be with his wife in England. He annoyed everyone by showcasing his pure, relentless retardedness. I just hate men who do nothing and talk much as if they rule the world. The man in the counter was kind and helpful. I got the VISA after 2 weeks time.

I flew Air India. My husband is a big fan of that airline. I don't understand him in these matters. Since I didn't prefer any particular airliner, I favoured my husband's choice. Air India was amazing. Especially their flight from Delhi to London Heathrow. They offered great food, drinks and hospitality. The entertainment system in the flight had all I wanted. Movies, music, video games, magazines and phone. I had been playing games when he approached me. The steward. He sat with me. We talked. I love talking to well behaved people. His age was in the range of my father's. He was from Changanacherry. Then he offered me extra pillows, blankets, chocolates and cakes. I was pampered. The flight landed before time. Now I know why do people blame Air India. They just transmit stories they hear. They never tried Air India. I was one among them but all changed. I love it. After the checks and medical examination at the airport, I went to the arrival launch. There he is. My husband. He bought a beautiful flower basket to greet me. Apparently he lost it at the coffee shop. I came to know about it when he realised it latter in the car and had an unearthly expression on his face.

The journey home was good. The sunset, my man next to me and a summer evening. Perfect. We went home. Home sweet home. It had everything I wanted. The chocolate collection, the all absorbing couch and the cool temperature. We started our new life. The only embarrassing thing is the carpet in the bath room. I still don’t know how to bath and wash without splashing water all around. I planted mint, coriander, pineapple, curry leaves, alovera, green chilli and ginger in the kitchen garden. All grew well. Green chilly is particularly good. It gives a handful of chillies every day. The neighboring places and people are all good. A small village with a marvelous looking church, library, park and village hall. Very welcoming. The trees all around with apples, blackberrys and pears are so convenient that snacking while walking around is so easy. Pluck them and have them fresh. Life is good. I also saw a little rock near the church which commemorates the second world war martyrs from the village. The men of spitfire.

1 comment:

  1. Seems that you abruptly stopped a beautiful narration...
    Please do continue...

    ReplyDelete